-->

Doug's novel, Greed: A Love Story, makes its debut!



My Rising Star

For eleven long months, my dear husband fought a courageous battle with brain cancer, and on November 17, 2010, he joined his father on the banks of the Metolius River in the Oregon Cascades. A hand-tied caddis fly on each line, they continue to cast about for the elusive Rainbow in God’s Cathedral of the Pines.
            In March, Doug was able to come home to Zihuatanejo, Mexico, strong and cheerful after three months of hospitalization and rehabilitation care in the States. He lived his dream to awaken each morning to sip his fresh brewed organic coffee, view the beautiful Pacific Ocean, feel the cool ocean breezes, and hear waves crash on the beach. I miss him terribly, but somehow I know he is with me still—in the gray nighthawk that soars over the patio each evening, among the finches that swarm from the trees each morning, and in the fish that leap from the sea.
            My husband also fulfilled another dream; he completed his novel that he had written seven years ago and had tucked away in a drawer.
            Greed, A Love Story has won two publisher awards; an Editor’s Choice Award and the prestigious Rising Star designation, both of which he became aware before his passing.
            Greed, A Love Story is currently available through iUniverse, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Borders. (Clickable links below.)
            I hope you enjoy the novel as much as we enjoyed working on it together.
            Con cariƱo,
            Denise DiPietro

Copies of Greed, A Love Story are available at:

iUniverse.com

Amazon.com

BarnesandNoble.com

Doug’s blogsite

Please note: My husband has fly fished his entire life and has maintained this blog site since 2008. I welcome guest fly-fishing bloggers, but sadly, I cannot contribute to the site, as I do not fish.
Dooglas Playa
I am a writer, my wife Denise is an editor. Recently struck down by a brain tumor, I am presently wheelchair bound. I search locations along the shore where I can fly fish Zihuatanejo Bay from the chair.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter