-->

May 3rd. Not A Pretty Picture More than a hundred boats rocketed

May 3rd. Not A Pretty Picture More than a hundred boats rocketed out of the bay at full throttle this morning racing to catch the heaviest sailfish and marlin in Zihuatanejo’s annual greed-driven, rather than sport-driven, off-shore fishing tournament. Prizes included cash, cars, and a 2010 Hummer-gas-gulper as grand prize. Local catch and release advocate and guide, Ed Kunze, rightly noted in his weekly fishing column that “Zihuatanejo has yet to get out of the Stone Age with this thirty-plus-years and running, ‘kill’ tournament.”
Dooglas Playa
I am a writer, my wife Denise is an editor. Recently struck down by a brain tumor, I am presently wheelchair bound. I search locations along the shore where I can fly fish Zihuatanejo Bay from the chair.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter